12.09.2009

"call/txt me thnx ;)"

or just SEE ME IN PERSON SHEESH


GLAD to live in a growing generation of technology, methods of communication have never been so various than it is now. I just had a conversation with daddy on our car ride home from the grocery store about how nobody has human contact anymore. Everything is through facebook, twitter, text, blog, and for the businesses: linkedin. There's so many social-networking sites that I could add more, but those are the main ones. While listening to daddy talk about his view on this, all awhile I was (and dont get at me for this!) texting and not even looking at him! my ears perked up when i heard him talk about "communication" because i DO believe that communication is key in EVERY relationship no matter what type it is... and so my smartass said,

"well i'm communicating right now as we speak? thanks to technology i'm multitasking and communicating to 2 people at the same time"

then my conscience reminded me that i was being a complete hypocrite because i remember saying in a previous blog that multitasking reduces the quality of your outcome..

and with that being said, does that mean this generation has lost their quality?

perhaps.

i still believe in traditional etiquette, however. no cell phones at the table or while conversating one-on-one with someone.

i am such a hypocrite >_<. anywho, first step is to recognize it [check], second step: execute it. note to whoever i talk to: please feel free to remind me of this blog if i pull out my phone while talking to you. .... heh

and back to reality it is!

No comments: