1.24.2009

"simply independent"

why thank you, tony tones. =)

i appreciate those readers who have known me even before this blog and have watched me grow as a person. you know, at first i was slightly somewhat offended whenever someone would say i dress "simple" or i'm a "simple" girl. i've always refused to be anything but ordinary. i took into deep consideration when somebody said, "you're boring".. and i've realized i'm overthinking all this wayy too much! simplicity is not a bad thing, really. you can't exactly pinpoint a style, and you can't exactly say that there isn't a style.. because truthfully, simplicity is already complex. it has its own edge, such as the color black. mysterious in all aspects. you really never know until you open the book, right? i may look simple, but that's only because you gotta get to know me first to see the more complexity of myself as a whole. take for example, you see a girl with some stylish-ass clothes struttin the sidewalks. you can kinda already tell who she is, without opening the book. whats the fun in that?

the other day mom was angry with me. she was saying how i "never listen; [i] always like to do my own thing". the way she approached me with that made it seem that was a stubborn trait to have. hey, it could be. but it could also be an "admirable attribute" -gabe. It shows control over your own life and making decisions for yourself. A little self centered but everyone has to be, sometimes.

to some, or shall I say a certain individual, I may seem Dependent. probably you are confused with the definition of "independent" vs "girlfriend". there is a very distinct difference between the two; one of which another person is involved, and with the other, there is not. That is what defines their obvious differences. With that, which one am I to you?

No comments: